Saturday, April 30, 2011

Twilight "Saga": Eclipse Movie

My feelings on the Twiight "Saga" are thus: It's the terrible self-indulging musings of a middle-aged Mormon who cannot write better than a high school fanfiction centered around a mary-sue.

The little Englishman and I have spent every other day drinking this week. Tonight is one of those nights so I apologize for any typos and the like. Our drinking has been Twilight "Saga" centric. We've watched both New Moon and Eclipse under the pretenses of a drinking game. The one for New Moon was tailored to fit the "plot," of the movie. Let me tell you, those rules and the general shittiness of the "story," got us drunk within the hour and had me feeling pukey within two. However, the drinking game tonight was far less tailored because I'd only read up until New Moon (several weeks of my life wasted in the pursuit of anger over poor written drivel).

Clearly the millions spent on Eclipse were focused on writing alterations. Though the cheesiness of the original "plot" was a hard thing to avoid, I actually found myself genuinely laughing at the parts that were intended to be funny. The story seemed to focus on Edward being a creep at the beginning and Bella doubting her relationship with him, which is valid and should be explored because Edward is a psycho stalker and, though Robert Pattinson is pretty attractive, pale skinny men are creepy.

Eventually Eclipse fell into the trappings of the Twilight "Saga": Bella continues being willfully naive: Edward's stalking and controlling nature ignored: Bella contuining to be a Mary-Sue, and Jacob continuing to lose his personality despite being the only round character in the novel.

It was unfortunate which is the best adjective you'll hear me use in describing a Twilight related novel or movie.

I'm actually hoping someone will pay for me to get into Breaking Dawn because I really want to see the vampire c-section and werewolf pedophilia

No comments:

Post a Comment